Sweet Potato Casserole
- 3/4 cup brown sugar packed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 3 1/2 lb sweet potatoes peeled and diced into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- Spray oval 5-quart slow cooker with cooking spray.
- In large microwavable bowl, mix brown sugar, butter, pumpkin pie spice, 1 teaspoon salt and 1 tablespoon water. Microwave uncovered on High 1 1/2 to 2 minutes, stirring once. Stir in vanilla. Add sweet potatoes; stir to coat thoroughly.
- Pour mixture into slow cooker. Cover; cook on High heat setting 3 1/2 to 4 hours or until fork tender. Reduce to Warm heat setting until ready to serve.
- Stir mixture; transfer to oven proof baking dish, top with marshmallows and place under broiler for 1 to 2 minutes or until marshmallows melt slightly.