Sweet Potato Casserole
This sweet potato casserole is a slow cooker recipe which should work well when your oven is going to be full for most of the day. Prepare the night before, throw in the pot in the a.m.Note: You can change the number of people served by placing your cursor over "Servings". The Ingredients will adjust to the new number of servings.
Servings 6 people
- 3/4 cup brown sugar packed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 3 1/2 lb sweet potatoes peeled and diced into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- Spray oval 5-quart slow cooker with cooking spray.
- In large microwavable bowl, mix brown sugar, butter, pumpkin pie spice, 1 teaspoon salt and 1 tablespoon water. Microwave uncovered on High 1 1/2 to 2 minutes, stirring once. Stir in vanilla. Add sweet potatoes; stir to coat thoroughly.
- Pour mixture into slow cooker. Cover; cook on High heat setting 3 1/2 to 4 hours or until fork tender. Reduce to Warm heat setting until ready to serve.
- Stir mixture; transfer to oven proof baking dish, top with marshmallows and place under broiler for 1 to 2 minutes or until marshmallows melt slightly.