- 8 oz. linguine dry
- 1 tbsp garlic minced
- 1 tsp anchovy paste
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 can whole tomatoes 28 oz., chopped
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives pitted, slivered
- 2 tbsp capers
- 2 tbsp oregano dried
- 8 oz. calamari rings
- 8 oz. medium shrimp peeled and deveined with tales
- 3 tbsp Italian parsley chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook linguine in a pot of boiling salted water according to package directions; drain and set linguine aside, reserving 1/2 cup pasta water.
- Saute garlic, anchovy paste and pepper flakes in oil in a saute pan over medium-high heat, 30 seconds. Add tomatoes, sugar, vinegar and reserved pasta water. Bring mixture to a simmer.
- Stir in olives, capers and oregano; simmer until liquid is slightly reduced, 10-15 minutes.
- Add calamari and shrimp; simmer 3-4 minutes to cook through. Stir in parsley, season with salt and pepper and serve sauce over linguine.