Scalloped Potatoes Recipe
- 6 potatoes, medium size thinly sliced
- 2 onions small, yellow, peeled & sliced thin
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill or 1/4 teaspoon dried
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a buttered 2-quart casserole, build up alternate layers of potatoes and onions, beginning and ending with potatoes. Dot each onion layer with butter and sprinkle with flour, herbs, salt and pepper.
- Pour in milk, cover and bake 45 minutes. Uncover and bake 30-40 minutes until potatoes are tender and almost all liquid is absorbed. Put under the broiler to brown, let rest and serve.