- 1 1/4 pound carrots
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill or flat-leaf parsley
- Peel the carrots and cut them diagonally in 1/4-inch slices. You should have about 4 1/2 cups of carrots.
- Place the carrots, 1/3 cup water, the salt, and pepper in a large (10 to 12-inch) saute pan and bring to a boil.
- Cover the pan and cook over medium-low heat for 7 to 8 minutes, until the carrots are just cooked through.
- Add the butter and saute for another minute, until the water evaporates and the carrots are coated with butter.
- Off the heat, toss with the dill or parsley. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and serve.