Roasted Brussels Sprouts
This roasted brussels sprouts recipe is a great way to turn a non-believer of sprouts to a believer. The bacon and garlic are the secret ingredients that make this dish shine.Note: You can change the number of people served by placing your cursor over "Servings". The Ingredients will adjust to the new number of servings.
Servings 6 people
- 3 slices bacon cut into strips crosswise
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper crushed
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 pounds brussel sprouts trimmed and halved
- 1 cup red onion cut into thin wedges
- 1 tablespoon thyme fresh
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a 12-inch oven proof skillet, cook and stir bacon over medium heat til bacon is browned and crisp. Remove bacon and drain on paper towels, reserve.
- Add red pepper and garlic to drippings in skillet...cook and stir for 2 minutes till fragrant.
- Add brussel sprouts, onion and thyme to skillet, stir and mix till well coated with drippings.
- Transfer skillet to heated oven and roast, uncovered, for 20 - 30 minutes, stirring occasionally till sprouts are tender and browned.
- Transfer to a serving dish and sprinkle with reserved bacon.