Peggy’s Mexican Rice Recipe
- 1 small onion chopped fine
- 2 tablespoon of oil
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- 1 cup of long grain rice
- 1 15- ounce can of tomatoes
- 3-4 drops of Tobasco sauce or more if your adventurous
- 1 1/2 cups of bouillion or chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, add two tablespoons of oil and cook the onion until tender but not browned. Add the rice, cook and stir to get all the grains covered with oil, and the rice is pale golden color.
- Add the garlic, can tomatoes, bouillon or chicken broth, Tobasco, cumin and salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, cover tightly reduce heat and simmer over very low heat until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender, about 20 minutes.
- Fluff up and serve and get ready for the raves to begin!