Oven Kalua Pork Recipe
- 6 pounds of pork shoulder or butt
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 tablespoons ginger finely chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon liquid smoke
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Mix the salt, soy sauce, garlic, ginger and liquid smoke flavoring together in a bowl. Place the pork in the pan and then pour over and rub the mixture into the pork.
- With foil, completely cover the entire contents with a sheet of foil, being sure to tightly secure the foil to the edges of the pan.
- Roast the pork at 325 degrees F. or until the meat falls apart easily.
- Shred the meat before serving...serve with poi, Lomi-lomi salmon and plenty of beer.