Mexican Caramel Flan
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons caramel ice cream topping
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, sugar, vanilla and salt. Gradually stir in milk. Spoon 1 teaspoon caramel topping into each of six ungreased 6-oz. custard cups.
- Place cups in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Pour egg mixture into each cup (cups will be full). Fill baking dish with 1-in. of hot water.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degree F for 30-35 minutes or until centers are almost set (mixture will jiggle). Remove custard cups from water to a wire rack; cool for 30 minutes.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours or until thoroughly chilled. Invert and unmorld onto rimmed dessert dishes.