Gouda Chorizo Jalapeno Poppers
- 1 pound Mexican chorizo casings removed
- 1/2 pound smoked gouda shredded
- 1/4 cup red onion finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce Tapatio hot sauce would go good here
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 12 large jalapeno peppers stemmed, seeded and halved
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.Finely chop the red onion, remove the casings from the chorizo and shred the gouda cheese. Cut the jalapeno peppers in half lengthwise and de-seed. Cut stems off.
- Brown chorizo in a skillet over medium-high heat, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain and place into a large mixing bowl. Add the cheese, red onion, egg, cream cheese, sour cream, hot sauce and salt and pepper.
- Mix these ingredients until they are completely blended together. With a spoon, press the mixture into jalapeno halves and assemble them onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake until golden and bubbly, about 20 minutes.