Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Garlic mashed potatoes! What a match, with the sausage dressing topped with gravy or butter, butter, butter...And for the leftovers, here's a tip...set out the potatoes, whip one egg in a bowl then mix the egg into the potatoes along with a tad of milk and some salt and pepper, mix them in till the mixture is smooth. Put in the oven at 350 degrees for about 10 - 12 minutes. They should be soft and airy and delicious!Note: You can change the number of people served by placing your cursor over "Servings". The Ingredients will adjust to the new number of servings.
Servings 4 people
- 2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 6 garlic cloves minced
- 1/3 cup milk half and half or cream
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine softened
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 sprigs parsley
- Peel the potatoes and cut into large pieces. Heat about 6 cups of water, add salt and potatoes and bring to a boil. Cook for about 25 minutes or until tender; drain. Allow to cool enough to handle then mash thoroughly or if you wish to use a mixer, that;s OK too.
- Add milk in small amounts, beating after each addition, until smooth. Add butter, garlic and salt and pepper to taste. Beat vigorously until potatoes are light and fluffy. Sprinkle with parsley and a few taps of paprika.