Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- 2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 6 garlic cloves minced
- 1/3 cup milk half and half or cream
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine softened
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 sprigs parsley
- Peel the potatoes and cut into large pieces. Heat about 6 cups of water, add salt and potatoes and bring to a boil. Cook for about 25 minutes or until tender; drain. Allow to cool enough to handle then mash thoroughly or if you wish to use a mixer, that;s OK too.
- Add milk in small amounts, beating after each addition, until smooth. Add butter, garlic and salt and pepper to taste. Beat vigorously until potatoes are light and fluffy. Sprinkle with parsley and a few taps of paprika.