Cold Japanese Buckwheat Noodles
- 1 pound buckwheat noodles (Soba) dried
- 2 sheets nori (dried laver) coarsely crumbled
- 1 green onion thinly sliced on bias
- 1 tablespoon Japanese horseradish powder (Wasabi)
- 1 1/2 cups Dipping sauce (Tsuke-jiru)* *See recipe Notes
- Cook soba in a generous amount of boiling water for about 7 minutes or until tender. Drain in colander, rinse under cold running water and drain again.
- Divide noodles among 4 individual bowls. Garnish with coarsely crumbled nori. Serve dipping sauce in 4 individual bowls and green onion and wasabi in 2 small serving dishes.
- Small amounts of onion and wasabi may be mixed into the dipping sauce by diner, if desired. Dip noodles in sauce before eating.