- 1 1/2 cups water
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups baking potatoes coarsely chopped
- 5 cups green cabbage coarsely shredded
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 green onion sliced on the bias, for garnish
- 2 rashers of bacon cooked crisp and cut as lardons for garnish.
- Bring water and broth to a boil in a large Dutch oven.
- Add potato; cover, reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes. Add cabbage and onion; cover and simmer 30 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat. Stir in milk.
- Place one-third of cabbage mixture in container of an electric blender; cover and process until smooth. Spoon into a bowl.
- Repeat procedure with remaining cabbage mixture. Return cabbage puree to pan; add salt and pepper. Cook over low heat until thoroughly heated. Ladle soup into bowls; top with sour cream and green onions and bacon.