Cod with Preserved Lemon Aioli
- 4 6 oz. Cod fillets, skinless
- 1/4 cup flour
- Kosher salt and ground pepper
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 whole preserved lemon, peel only finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 tbsp. water
- pinch of Cayenne
- 5 tbsp. olive oil extra virgin
- Salt and pepper the cod fillets, roll in flour, shaking off excess and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, add 2 tablespoons oil. When heated, add cod and cook, turning once when golden and white throughout, about 10 minutes. Serve with aioli. (recipe below)
- Puree mayonnaise with lemon, garlic, water, cayenne and 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Season the aioli with salt and pepper, blend thoroughly and scrape into a small bowl.