Black Bean Dip with Garlic
- 1 can 15 oz. black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 2 tablespoons onion chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice fresh
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon lime zest grated
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin ground
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a food processor, combine all the ingredients.Add 1 tablespoon of water and process until smooth; add more water for a thinner texture.
- Transfer the dip to a serving bowl and garnish with a couple of pieces of tortilla chips.