Beef Tenderloin Roast
- 1 Whole Beef Tenderloin, 5-6 pounds trimmed and tied
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt & Freshly gound Pepper
- Rub down the tenderloin with 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Using a probe type thermometer, Insert the probe in the middle of the roast and set the temperature to 120 degrees F (If you don't have a probe type thermometer, use a instant read thermometer near the end of the roasting time).
- Place the roast on a rack in a roasting pan and place it in a preheated 450 F. degree oven and let cook for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, turn the oven down to 325 F. degrees and cook for about 20 minutes or when your instant read thermometer reads 120 degrees.
- Take out of the oven and let rest for 15 to 20 minutes before carving. It should be medium rare.