Asparagus in Dill Butter
- 1 pound of asparagus spears
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- Finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cut the woody bases off of the asparagus spears. It they are large spears, remove the outside skins with a potato peeler.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter and saute the minced garlic just till the fragrance begins, do not overcook.
- Add the asparagus spears and roll them around in the melted butter and garlic.
- Cook till spears become tender, about 3-4 minutes, add pepper and toss with the dill.
- Remove to a shallow dish and cover with shredded Parmesan cheese.