Aioli Sauce Recipe
- 1 clove of garlic crushed
- Kosher salt
- 2 egg yolks See Note below
- About 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice or tarragon vinegar
- pinch of cayenne pepper.
- Crush the garlic and salt together in a mortar and pestle till it forms a paste.
- In a medium bowl, add egg yolks one at a time and beat until combined. (Hint:Nesting the mixing bowl on a tea towel fitted inside a stock pot creates an easy, even stabilization, which frees both your hands for simultaneous whisking and oil-pouring.
- Slowly drip in oil, as for making mayonnaise, beating constantly.
- When sauce begins to thicken, stir in lemon juice or vinegar and continue to add oil, gradually increasing to a steady trickle. Enough oil has been added when sauce becomes really thick.
- Add a pinch of Cayenne pepper and stir in to complete the sauce. Makes about 1 cup.