Christmas Chocolate Bark
- 1/2 pound Butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 10 1.55 oz. bars Hershey milk chocolate broken up into large pieces
- Salting crackers to cover 12″ x 15.5″ cookie sheet
- 1 cup chopped nuts (walnuts, peans, etc.) optional
- Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil and spray with now -stick spray.Cover cookie sheet with 1 layer of saltine crackers, salty side up.
- In a sauce pan, melt 2 sticks butter (1/2 pound) and 1 cup sugar until sugar is dissolved, about 3 or 4 minutes. Stir in 1 tablespoon vanilla and beat with whisk. Pour mixture evenly over crackers, smoothing and evenly covering all the crackers.
- Bake at 375 degrees F. for about 10 minutes or until bubbly. Remove from oven and top with the Hershey bark chunks and as they begin to soften, spread the chocolate evenly across the top, evenly coating all the crackers. Sprinkle the chocolate with your favorite nuts, pressing them down into chocolate so they don’t fall off. Return to oven for about 2-3 minutes to allow everything to melt together.Remove from oven and let set to cool, then refrigerate to firm up.Break into pieces to serve.